Field Service Technician
|Posted: February 23, 2015
|Closing Date: May 1, 2015
|Location: Grande Prairie, AB
|Hours: 40 hours/week
|Benefits: Full Benefits package
|Job Type: Permanent
CanDyne Pump service offers competitive wages, excellent benefits, a continual focus on training and development. We are currently looking to add a Field Service Technician to our Grande Prairie location.
The Field Service Technician is responsible for troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of mechanical and / or electrical aspects of equipment and components according to defined specifications. The Field Service Technician is also responsible for new equipment commissioning and training at customer sites with minimal supervision.
Skills & Responsibilities:
- Inspects equipment for proper performance and determines faults and malfunctions.
- Adjust equipment & repair/replace defective parts components or systems according to scopes of work.
- Tests repaired equipment to ensure proper operational performance.
- Commission new equipment.
- Provide customer training as required.
- Completes accurate time records, technical reports, failure reports, etc.
- Stays current with industry, customer, product developments and technical best practices.
- Builds strong relationships with internal and external customers to ensure smooth operations and customer satisfaction.
- Ensures customer satisfaction within area of primary responsibility.
- Complies with Joy Global safety policies and applicable regulatory, customer or industry requirements.
- Strives to find safer ways for customers to work with Joy Global products.
- Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic Interprovincial License/Red Seal preferred or equivalent of Technical certification or diploma in mechanical or electrical fields with heavy equipment experience.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience with industry-specific equipment.
- Excellent troubleshooting ability
- Knowledge of rotating equipment
- Ability to read and interpret equipment schematics.
- Strong diagnostic and problem solving skills.
- Ability to facilitate technical training and impart detailed information.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible, self-motivated and driven to achieve customer satisfaction goals and targets
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to work varied shift schedules.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Must have/ provide clean drivers abstract
- Must be able to pass Drug Test / Spot drug tests for client requirements
- Must supply own tools up to 1/14 , Everything over will be supplied
Salary range for this position is in accordance with industry standards related to this specific type of position. Please state your salary range request as part of you cover letter.
Please forward your cover letter and resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job description title in the subject line of your email. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.